Training 4 life.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

A typical Back day (Rows)

Ah, finally a back day to write about. It has taken a while to actually get it down, and believe it or not, I have done some rows since I last posted a back day. It's just the simple act of writing about it. I need to write a typical day relatively close to when it happened, so it needs a certain time frame or else it loses something in the translation.

Rowing day, always a tough cookie. It makes my forearms tense up just thinking about it. Row day is started by warming up with pullups, usually 3 sets with no weight added. This is just to get the back muscles loosened up and ready to go for the all out back assault.

Next up in the rotation is the deadly bent over rows. 3-4 sets, 2 warmups, drop set at the end, heavy as hell. The great mass builder. I do deadlifts every once and a while, but when I'm sailing, it just doesnt suit my schedule. Plus, they are kind of a pain in the ass. I dont care if this disqualifies me from being a hard core lifter, but fuck it. I'd rather do stiff legged deadlifts.

Next up is T-bar rows. Again heavy as hell. 3-4 sets, can be either the machine or simply a bar in the corner of the wall. This has its drawbacks, as sometimes there ends up being a huge crash of plates and a loud bang. Not very good in a new gym.

After that, we'll throw in either one arm rows or the cable rows. One arms are pretty deadly, but depending on energy, I might just go straight to the heavy cable rows. 3 sets for both, or just 3 sets of cable rows.

Finish off with traps, upright rows or dumbell shrugs, and then my forearms are so beat so I cant even open the door. Back day is over.

Out from Esquimalt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home