Forgotten Exercise #3: lying side lateral raises
I've pretty much written a typical quads day, but I should probably write a formal one sometime soon. What do I really have left of those? Quads, calves, back (row) triceps...ok, so there are a few days left to write about. But anyway, thats a story for another day.
Still rocking it here in Saskatoon, maybe go and blast the hamstrings later today. Anyway, onto the topic at hand. Lying side laterals is something that I've added to my repetoire to do every once and a while. It's not a major change, but its something to throw in when you like to change things up. Do these on a bench, go very light, since you'll feel strain on both the positive and the negative.
This exercise is a middle filler, as in, do it after your big lift or at the end of the workout. It's more of an isolation thing, and seeing as how those are less of a priority to me, I wont get into the details too much about what head of the delt it works. The middle head, by the way.
Sample program spot
Military press
front shoulder raises
lying side laterals
rear delt raises
That's how it flows.
Out from Esquimalt.
Still rocking it here in Saskatoon, maybe go and blast the hamstrings later today. Anyway, onto the topic at hand. Lying side laterals is something that I've added to my repetoire to do every once and a while. It's not a major change, but its something to throw in when you like to change things up. Do these on a bench, go very light, since you'll feel strain on both the positive and the negative.
This exercise is a middle filler, as in, do it after your big lift or at the end of the workout. It's more of an isolation thing, and seeing as how those are less of a priority to me, I wont get into the details too much about what head of the delt it works. The middle head, by the way.
Sample program spot
Military press
front shoulder raises
lying side laterals
rear delt raises
That's how it flows.
Out from Esquimalt.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home