Training 4 life.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

The 2 heavy bags sparring system

I get bored easily when I work out sometimes. After a while, I have to switch something up, even if all it is the order of things I do. Otherwise, I lose focus and get bored. I need to have a plan in place to follow, or else when I get tired, I'll lack the incentive to carry on.

The 2 bag sparring that I did today was a new addition to my heavy bag training. Basically, I pretended that the 2 bags were 2 different assailants and I went nuts on the 2 of them for about 20-30 seconds. (Note to self: get a timer).

This makes it a bit more realistic than simply hitting the bag over and over again. I've also been mixing it up with both hands closed and hands open strikes, as well as knife edge chops. Elbows and knees are coming in nicely, although I still cant throw a knee to the head Tony Jaa style yet. I need my Tae Kwon Do level flexibility back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home