Training 4 life.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A typical Quads day

I've actually done leg day a number of times before, but I've never done one of the "typical day" posts for quads just yet. I dont think I have that many body parts left, if any, to do for the typical day. So here goes.

Quads day has changed a little bit over the years, when I first started training, all I did was hack squats and leg extensions. Then I learned to squat. I went heavy doing the half squats for a long time, and doing heavy leg extensions, and now I'm at a point where the feeling in my legs is more important than the weight on the bar.

But due to the fact that I was training with so much weight before, the totals arent embarrassing. I start off with the full stack for leg extensions as a warmup. 2-3 sets, depending on how much energy I have. 12-16 reps. Quick, just to get the blood flowing.

Next up is usually the squats, although sometimes I toss leg presses first. For squats, its all the way down (and I mean, all the way down) for deep ass squats. 3-4 sets, sometimes 5 depending on the energy. I'm pretty beat and I usually feel like I'm going to pass out or puke afterwards.

Next is the leg presses. No locking out at the top, 3-4 sets in the 900-1100 lb range, sometimes heavier. 8-10 reps, quality, slow and controlled. After this, it's back to cool down on leg extensions for 1 or 2 quick 12 rep sets. Then its either onto hams or to pass out.

Out from Esquimalt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home