Some common terms
When I talk about things in terms of lifting weights, sometimes I use my own personal slang to mean certain things. So in order to decode some things I say, here are some of the definitions for words I've said or will say one day.
Carnoustie lifting def: Slowly moving ahead, experimenting with different training methods, slower progress. Looking back, I know I made progress there, but in terms of today, it seems like my progress was much slower then, except for squats. I learned to squat heavy pretty quickly. see Carnoustie squatting.
Weight Gain I denotes december 31st, 2002 to about june 2003. This is when I decided to really just concentrate on gaining weight and strength. I started taking cell tech, eating a lot more, and lifting heavier. I also increased my bench for the first time in about 3 years. My weight went from 225 to about 260 in this period. Obviously, a lot of it was just bulk, but the initial gain was there. see Weight Gain II
Weight Gain II Weight Gain II was a reaction to the weight and strength loss I had due to Basic in 2004. My strength came back pretty quickly (although it did take a few months), and by about december I was back to where I was before. I started pushing beyond that in about december too. Denotes September 2004 to about December 2004.
Barrier breaking denotes smashing through long plateaus, like weight gain I and the massive bench increases in early 2005. Also see the squat miracle of 2001.
Squat miracle of 2001 refers to the change in my squatting technique and the start of going heavy. I went from squatting 225 to squatting 405 in about 5 months.
Out from Esquimalt.
Carnoustie lifting def: Slowly moving ahead, experimenting with different training methods, slower progress. Looking back, I know I made progress there, but in terms of today, it seems like my progress was much slower then, except for squats. I learned to squat heavy pretty quickly. see Carnoustie squatting.
Weight Gain I denotes december 31st, 2002 to about june 2003. This is when I decided to really just concentrate on gaining weight and strength. I started taking cell tech, eating a lot more, and lifting heavier. I also increased my bench for the first time in about 3 years. My weight went from 225 to about 260 in this period. Obviously, a lot of it was just bulk, but the initial gain was there. see Weight Gain II
Weight Gain II Weight Gain II was a reaction to the weight and strength loss I had due to Basic in 2004. My strength came back pretty quickly (although it did take a few months), and by about december I was back to where I was before. I started pushing beyond that in about december too. Denotes September 2004 to about December 2004.
Barrier breaking denotes smashing through long plateaus, like weight gain I and the massive bench increases in early 2005. Also see the squat miracle of 2001.
Squat miracle of 2001 refers to the change in my squatting technique and the start of going heavy. I went from squatting 225 to squatting 405 in about 5 months.
Out from Esquimalt.
Labels: History


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home