A typical Traps day
I was debating whether or not to post a traps workout or a triceps day, as those were the last two that I did. (yes, those are both lame for a 3 day span But hey, I did hardcore chest and back days before traps day, and I have a rugby game tommorow. Sue me). Anyway, since traps days( by themselves, no less) come around as often as Haley's comet, here we go with traps day.
The traps workout has to thank my current sailing schedule for existing. Since we have pt every morning, I work out about 3-4 times a week with weights in the morning. I play basketball if Im not in the gym. But anyway.
I used to go to the gym at night with one of my buddies. So in order to still get my swim on, I go 2 a days sometimes. I go easy, never any big bodyparts. I usually choose something that takes about 10-20 minutes to work out. Traps fit the bill.
Now normally, traps can go with either shoulders or back. I stick them with back usually, even though my grip is weakened from deadlifts or bent over rows. So it's new to have a workout with just those in.
Traps are simple. Shrugs build them. I warm up with dumbells, since my navy gym only goes to 110's and even the 160's back home arent that tough anymore. I concentrate on getting a good squeeze at the top and then move on to barbell shrugs.
I slide 4-5 plates on and go to town. I concentrate on the weight, but usually my grip gives out before my traps do. Straps are recommended. 3 sets, last set to failure and beyond with drop sets.
And that's that for traps.
Out from Esquimalt.
The traps workout has to thank my current sailing schedule for existing. Since we have pt every morning, I work out about 3-4 times a week with weights in the morning. I play basketball if Im not in the gym. But anyway.
I used to go to the gym at night with one of my buddies. So in order to still get my swim on, I go 2 a days sometimes. I go easy, never any big bodyparts. I usually choose something that takes about 10-20 minutes to work out. Traps fit the bill.
Now normally, traps can go with either shoulders or back. I stick them with back usually, even though my grip is weakened from deadlifts or bent over rows. So it's new to have a workout with just those in.
Traps are simple. Shrugs build them. I warm up with dumbells, since my navy gym only goes to 110's and even the 160's back home arent that tough anymore. I concentrate on getting a good squeeze at the top and then move on to barbell shrugs.
I slide 4-5 plates on and go to town. I concentrate on the weight, but usually my grip gives out before my traps do. Straps are recommended. 3 sets, last set to failure and beyond with drop sets.
And that's that for traps.
Out from Esquimalt.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home