A typical Abs day
Abs for me are more of an afterthought. I dont really think you can devote an entire workout to them, unless you count 3-5 sets as a workout. Because that is all they really need. Doing too much is overtraining them, but I guess anywhere between 3-9 sets is good for abs.
Abs for me means actually feeling it in the abdominals, not just going through the motions. It means squeezing and holding the abs tight. My first exercise is usually crunches, 3 sets until I hit failure or whenever I feel like ending it.
Next up is leg raises. Obviously, hanging leg raises are better, and that's a Carnoustie exercise from back in the day. I do them lying down on a bench, and I can nail off a number of them.
Sometimes (like when I'm at the Aquatic Centre back in Coquitlam), I'll do crunches or situps on the exercise balls, and sometimes I'll add weight. Sometimes I even do weighted crunches with the cables. But for the most part, crunches and leg raises make up my abs day, which is also a rest day too. I can and usually do add it on to the end of another bodypart, but it can be worked on its own
Abs for me means actually feeling it in the abdominals, not just going through the motions. It means squeezing and holding the abs tight. My first exercise is usually crunches, 3 sets until I hit failure or whenever I feel like ending it.
Next up is leg raises. Obviously, hanging leg raises are better, and that's a Carnoustie exercise from back in the day. I do them lying down on a bench, and I can nail off a number of them.
Sometimes (like when I'm at the Aquatic Centre back in Coquitlam), I'll do crunches or situps on the exercise balls, and sometimes I'll add weight. Sometimes I even do weighted crunches with the cables. But for the most part, crunches and leg raises make up my abs day, which is also a rest day too. I can and usually do add it on to the end of another bodypart, but it can be worked on its own


1 Comments:
Hi you have got a good info on your blog which is worth reading, even I have a Muscle toning related website and blog. I should say good job done
By
Sreenivasa S, at 5:02 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home