Training 4 life.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

A typical forearms day

I chose to write about forearms because I know that I wont be able to go on and on about them the way I can about quads or chest. Forearms are pretty simple, even simpler than traps.

Because I train so heavy with my back, my forearms get a pretty good workout just from doing the deadlifting and the rowing. So its not like back in the Planet Ice days where we used to have a day for forearms( well, forearms, bis and abs were the friday night specialty.)But anyway, forearms are definetely an afterthought for me and most lifters, since they get a lot of action on the back and trap days.

When I do forearms, its usually after back day, since my grip is gone and they can be on the same recovery schedule. I do wrist curls, maybe 3-4 sets with a barbell. I dont go super low in the reps, maybe 12-25 depending on the weight. I like to feel a good burn on them, and since deadlifting 500+ is a pretty good workout, I dont think they need much more than this. But hey, that's me. I'm not a body builder, Im a weight lifter. Go crazy if you think they'll make you better aesthetically.

Out from Esquimalt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home