Your own personal training gopher
Ronnie Coleman has one. So does Jay Cutler. What am I talking about? They have their own personal training gophers. What I mean by that is; some guy who loads plates, spots you, gets shit together for you, but doesnt train with you, per se. That is a training gopher.
Due to my changing schedule and location, I havent had a steady training partner in a while. The last time I trained with someone with relative strength to mine was about a year and a half ago, when some East Indian Dude and I traded off sets of dumbell presses with the 120's. Back in the days of World Gym Poco, I could find someone with relative strength to mine fairly often. These days, not so much.
So I've been reduced to training with people who are not as strong as me, but they can still provide a service, that service being someone who spots for me and gets shit set up. I have a friend over here on the island who I work out with in the evenings who fills this role.
He's a smaller guy with a lot of questions about training. So we work out together, I show him some shit and he helps me military press or helps me bench. Shoulders and chest and sometimes tris are things I need a spot for, not so much legs or back. But having someone looking out for you makes a big difference.
Shoulders, I could never do military presses or dumbell presses without someone helping me out, simply because getting the shit into position takes so much useless effort. By having someone there, it cuts down on the waste and gets right to the point.
Consider having someone like this at your disposal.
Out from Esquimalt (For real, this time).
Due to my changing schedule and location, I havent had a steady training partner in a while. The last time I trained with someone with relative strength to mine was about a year and a half ago, when some East Indian Dude and I traded off sets of dumbell presses with the 120's. Back in the days of World Gym Poco, I could find someone with relative strength to mine fairly often. These days, not so much.
So I've been reduced to training with people who are not as strong as me, but they can still provide a service, that service being someone who spots for me and gets shit set up. I have a friend over here on the island who I work out with in the evenings who fills this role.
He's a smaller guy with a lot of questions about training. So we work out together, I show him some shit and he helps me military press or helps me bench. Shoulders and chest and sometimes tris are things I need a spot for, not so much legs or back. But having someone looking out for you makes a big difference.
Shoulders, I could never do military presses or dumbell presses without someone helping me out, simply because getting the shit into position takes so much useless effort. By having someone there, it cuts down on the waste and gets right to the point.
Consider having someone like this at your disposal.
Out from Esquimalt (For real, this time).
Labels: Training


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home