Training 4 life.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hardcore quick shoulder workout

Earlier this week, I had 30 mins to kill before I could leave for the ferry. I needed a shower, and where else to shower back in Esquimalt but the gym? I hate the showers in Nelles, they are probably some of the worst I've seen outside of public restrooms or ones near beaches, and the sad thing is they are cleaned once a day.
But anyway.

So I made it a priority to do the military press. Heavy weight, lower reps, tons of aggression. Barbell military presses are one of the tougher shoulder exercises, and I always use a spotter on them to help me get the weight up. Its probably because Im too tall for the equipment, but lifting the weight up by myself hurts my shoulders and limits the weight and range of motion. It helps just to have someone help me lift it off the pegs.

So I went for 4-5 sets of hardcore intensity, then onto some front and side raise drop sets. Once you get into those drop sets, its simply mind over matter. My muscles wanted to quit, but I simply focused and got the numbers out of them I wanted. The mind muscle connection cannot be overlooked. I did maybe 1-2 drop sets, 3 drops total. At that point, I was running late, so I took off.

The last points are: When youre crunched for time, do the mass builders, skip the isolation shit, and anything is better than nothing. Even if you have 10 minutes, you can work a small muscle in that time. I once did nothing but close grip bench and tricep pressdowns and I got a killer tri workout in.

Out from Esquimalt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home