Killer Chest Day
I didnt have a good sleep monday. I took the late ferry back, and I didnt or couldnt sleep on it, so I wound up getting back to Esquimalt at about midnight. I ended up listening to music to get me fired up for chest day, and I had about 6:30 hours of sleep. Not so good when you want to have been rested. But, I got the energy up later in the day.
Knowing that Tin would be there to spot me later helped push the intensity. I started off warming up with the dumbell flyes, paying close attention since my left wrist hurt like a bitch. So far, so good. Warmed up with 2 quick sets on bench, 1 plate then 2 to warm up. Quickly moved to 3 plates and a quarter, by myself. I could have gone heavier, but I chose not to so I wouldnt have to worry about weights killing me if I dropped them. Plus, I wanted to make sure my wrist wouldnt give out. It didnt, so thats good.
Dropped 10 lbs until I got to 335, then dropped down to 315 to finish it off with 10 reps. 5 total sets. Next was onto incline smith machine bench presses. Did a crazy dropset until I ended with 1 plate and a quarter each side. I probably got about 50 reps total with the drop set. Crazy.
Next, thankfully, were incline dumbell flyes. 1st set with 100's, 10 reps, next was 105's, 8 reps, back down to 100's, 8 reps. I figured I'd done enough damage so I cut out. Bam.
Out from Esquimalt.
Knowing that Tin would be there to spot me later helped push the intensity. I started off warming up with the dumbell flyes, paying close attention since my left wrist hurt like a bitch. So far, so good. Warmed up with 2 quick sets on bench, 1 plate then 2 to warm up. Quickly moved to 3 plates and a quarter, by myself. I could have gone heavier, but I chose not to so I wouldnt have to worry about weights killing me if I dropped them. Plus, I wanted to make sure my wrist wouldnt give out. It didnt, so thats good.
Dropped 10 lbs until I got to 335, then dropped down to 315 to finish it off with 10 reps. 5 total sets. Next was onto incline smith machine bench presses. Did a crazy dropset until I ended with 1 plate and a quarter each side. I probably got about 50 reps total with the drop set. Crazy.
Next, thankfully, were incline dumbell flyes. 1st set with 100's, 10 reps, next was 105's, 8 reps, back down to 100's, 8 reps. I figured I'd done enough damage so I cut out. Bam.
Out from Esquimalt.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home