1 year anniversary and a running program?
It hasnt always been the most frequently updated blog, but it's been over an entire year since this blog has been up, and I've had some fun putting up posts about training and such. I've done a typical day on every bodypart, and I've done some forgotten exercises and training idea posts. I guess now it's time to maybe branch out a little now that the foundation is more or less done.
With that in mind, look for posts about pro bodybuilding (especially after the shocker that Jay Cutler is the new Mr. Olympia!!!), some alternate workouts for bodyparts, training splits, some things on cardio at sea and land, and maybe a bit more gym history.
To keep up with the spirit of the inaugral post, I'm going to put down a running idea I got from the army's fitness program. Jeff and Kyte (two boatswains on our ship), downloaded the whole thing and its as military as it could be. It includes things like two man tire lifts in the field, log lifts and a training program for rucksack marches.
One of the things I gleaned from it was a sprinting program. Now, I think the reason why I've always disliked running is it seems to have no purpose. I hate running laps just to do them. I like things to be organized. When I saw this running program for sprints, I gave it a try. And as a non runner, I actually enjoyed it.
You start by warming up of course, and then you sprint for 50 meters, jog for 50 meters, and do that 8 times. Walk for 1-2 minutes, and then sprint, jog sprint for 6 times. Walk, sprint jog sprint for 4 times. Last, just sprint twice. Here's how it would look:
warm up
sprint-jog sprint X 8 rest 1-2 mins
sprint jog sprint X 6 rest
sprint jog sprint X 4
sprint jog sprint X2
and maybe, later do a set of 6,4,2. This is pretty basic, so I will later go up to 12, 10, 8, 6. Mess around with the recovery time as well. I like this because it has some structure to it, rather than mindlessly trying to run for laps or time. That doesnt do it for me.
Out from Esquimalt.
With that in mind, look for posts about pro bodybuilding (especially after the shocker that Jay Cutler is the new Mr. Olympia!!!), some alternate workouts for bodyparts, training splits, some things on cardio at sea and land, and maybe a bit more gym history.
To keep up with the spirit of the inaugral post, I'm going to put down a running idea I got from the army's fitness program. Jeff and Kyte (two boatswains on our ship), downloaded the whole thing and its as military as it could be. It includes things like two man tire lifts in the field, log lifts and a training program for rucksack marches.
One of the things I gleaned from it was a sprinting program. Now, I think the reason why I've always disliked running is it seems to have no purpose. I hate running laps just to do them. I like things to be organized. When I saw this running program for sprints, I gave it a try. And as a non runner, I actually enjoyed it.
You start by warming up of course, and then you sprint for 50 meters, jog for 50 meters, and do that 8 times. Walk for 1-2 minutes, and then sprint, jog sprint for 6 times. Walk, sprint jog sprint for 4 times. Last, just sprint twice. Here's how it would look:
warm up
sprint-jog sprint X 8 rest 1-2 mins
sprint jog sprint X 6 rest
sprint jog sprint X 4
sprint jog sprint X2
and maybe, later do a set of 6,4,2. This is pretty basic, so I will later go up to 12, 10, 8, 6. Mess around with the recovery time as well. I like this because it has some structure to it, rather than mindlessly trying to run for laps or time. That doesnt do it for me.
Out from Esquimalt.
Labels: Cardio


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home