Some common terms part II
To continue with my common terms, here are a few more that might help you out in understanding what I babble about sometimes.
Planet Ice days This refers to that time back in 2000-2001 when I worked out there with Tyler 5-6 days a week. We worked out pretty hardcore, and friday night workouts were pretty regular. We used to treat friday as a biceps and forearms day, and basically look at the people ice skating below us. Planet Ice was about as good as it got for training with a partner, and I learned a lot of things while I was there.
2005's bench press increasesI owe a lot of what happened to me in the fact that I changed gyms in late 2005. I needed a new quiet place to train and rebuild myself, and World Gym Surrey was the place. It had just opened, and I remember training there the 2nd day it was open. Training legs, to be exact.
But anyway, I felt comfortable benching there since no one remembered what I used to lift, so it was fine when I started with the 275 for 6. Then it kept growing and growing and soon the numbers were in the low 300's. Now, a year later, theyre in the mid to upper 300's, so that shows you how things got started.
2004's folly Everyone makes mistakes, and my mistake was to stop training heavy and hard before basic. I thought if I concentrated on cardio and high reps, it would make basic easier for me. What it did was make me weaker than I was at age 19 when I came back. Working light and easy is not for me. If an exercise feels easy, and you arent sweating bullets and exhausted or at the very least spent after a weight session, then figure out what is wrong. Never again, I say.
Out from Esquimalt.
Planet Ice days This refers to that time back in 2000-2001 when I worked out there with Tyler 5-6 days a week. We worked out pretty hardcore, and friday night workouts were pretty regular. We used to treat friday as a biceps and forearms day, and basically look at the people ice skating below us. Planet Ice was about as good as it got for training with a partner, and I learned a lot of things while I was there.
2005's bench press increasesI owe a lot of what happened to me in the fact that I changed gyms in late 2005. I needed a new quiet place to train and rebuild myself, and World Gym Surrey was the place. It had just opened, and I remember training there the 2nd day it was open. Training legs, to be exact.
But anyway, I felt comfortable benching there since no one remembered what I used to lift, so it was fine when I started with the 275 for 6. Then it kept growing and growing and soon the numbers were in the low 300's. Now, a year later, theyre in the mid to upper 300's, so that shows you how things got started.
2004's folly Everyone makes mistakes, and my mistake was to stop training heavy and hard before basic. I thought if I concentrated on cardio and high reps, it would make basic easier for me. What it did was make me weaker than I was at age 19 when I came back. Working light and easy is not for me. If an exercise feels easy, and you arent sweating bullets and exhausted or at the very least spent after a weight session, then figure out what is wrong. Never again, I say.
Out from Esquimalt.
Labels: History


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home