Training 4 life.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Plan for 2007: weight loss

Ok, so it looks like my streak of once a month posts continues, but just barely. Anyway, I had some other post ideas earlier this month, but I guess this is the last post of 2006, or maybe one of the last.

Since coming home, I've gained some weight due to the more sedentary lifestyle of my job here. I've gone up too much. I know that I've never had to lose weight before (except for wrestling back in high school). It just seems strange that I was dying to gain weight in 2002 and now it's a few years later and I've gotten to a point where I should lose a few pounds. It's not like I'm a tub of lard either. It's just that I'm sure I'll be more ripped and more mobile at 270 as opposed to close to 285. Even 265 would be great. But we'll see. I'll have to do a lot more cardio, so I'm going to run about 3-4 times a week. Nothing too drastic, since I don't want to get weak as well.

So, weight lifting plans include keeping the weights up, increasing a lot of my big movements as always. I've included a second chest workout to see if I can get my bench totals up again, they've been stagnating at around 370 ish for 6-8 reps. I do a second day a few days later and it's a more ballistic workout, just about 4-6 sets of smith machine bench presses with lighter weight and focusing on exploding on the positive.

Back is the new chest, I'm always looking forward to training it now. I'm working on adding weight to pullups and hoping that my elbow pains don't increase, I'm stretching and icing it a lot more. T-bar rows and barbell rows are in, I've disgarded the deadlifts since they tear my hands up.

Legs will be done with less intensity, I'm still trying to figure out a way to train them without getting overly sore. They used to be easy to train but adding in running was always a problem. I'm going to tackle this problem this year.

Shoulders will continue to be military presses and raises, triceps will be two arm extensions and the hammer strength tricep pressdown. Bis will not be trained until my elbow feels better.

So that's a rough outline for 2007.

Out from...Surrey this time. I'll be back in Esquimalt in February.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home