Training 4 life.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Back assault

Back is the most complex muscle to train, and hence to me, the most challenging and therefore most interesting. There are simply so many different ways to hit the back that workouts never have to be the same and yet you can get fantastic results.

Right now, I start off with some lighter pulldowns or lighter cable rows just to get some blood flowing into the back and to get my back warmed up. Next up is t-bar rows, or barbell rows. Switching between the two to start satisfies my requirement for a mass builder as the first exercise.

I put pullups 3rd in the order because that way it protects my elbow, which seems to hurt when the joints aren't warmed up. I'll probably change it to 2nd in the rotation to increase my reps and switch back and forth between heavy rows and pullups, so I can work thickness and width rather than thickness, thickness, width.

The exercises are 4-5 sets each, and I throw in a last finishing set just to flood the muscle with blood. This last set is usually some cable or machine, just so I can concentrate on repping out to flush the muscle with blood. The weight doesnt have to be heavy for this, it's more of a high rep flush.

This is the back workout philosophy plan for right now.

Out from Surrey.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home